Through education, resources and support, Rural Resources offers real hope to children, seniors and families, by working to create a stronger and more stable community for us all. Each year, 14,000 people in Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Whitman and Stevens Counties turn to Rural Resources for short-term assistance and long-term solutions to help them take control of their lives and their futures. Rural Resources is not a government agency. They are a private nonprofit corporation whose goal is to meet the basic social and economic needs of our rural community.
- 24-hour Helpline
- Representative Payee Program
- Basic Food Outreach
- State Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
- Volunteer Program
- Children’s Advocacy Center
- Community Engagement Department
- Legal advocacy, emergency financial assistance, safety measures and planning, and other services for victims of crime
- Resources and support for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence
- Safe shelter options.
- 24-hour in-person response to hospitals, sheriff’s offices and clinics to support survivors seeking medical attention or support during appt.
- Help with court orders so victims can gain legal protection.
- Referrals to therapy, housing, employment, medical care, etc.
- Home Buyers Program
- Home Repair and Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Foreclosure Prevention and Default Counseling
- Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
- Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Housing and Essential Needs Program – Referral based program focused on assisting single adults who are temporarily or permanently disabled.
- Homeless Document Recording Fees
- Consolidated Homeless Grant – An emergency rental assistance program.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program